Sunday, February 7, 2010

Photovan does Papanui point

Papanui point Raglan .

Today I took a drive back out to Ruapuki , Papanui point . If you go into Raglan and then head South for about 25[?] km you eventually see "the bus on the hill" which is the sign that you are nearing the spot ...


That's it there .... [ Papanui point ]


Looking back in the other direction ......



Then you get to this gate with a metal 'mailbox' where you can contribute towards the upkeep of the farmers road - I always put something in ...

 
I've driven up this road before , but not in this kind of slush ....







I did some slipping and sliding for a while and ended up reversing all the way back to the gate because I was going to get stuck for sure . I parked in front of the gate and went exploring ....


 I walked toward the point itself and looked back toward the van ....



that's the point down there where people fish from the edge of the cliff ....



looking to the left .....


the back of the signboard when climbing back up ...


This is the mud I would still be stuck in if I drove all the way ...


Looking back toward the right .....


remember to do this when you leave ....


Heading back ....


And a stop-off along the side of the road on the way back ....



Ruapuke was the first 'wild' looking place I visited in New Zealand and I love the scenery .
Today for the first time I drove down to the beach and had a look ....



No comments:

Post a Comment